The 6 Best Ways Leaders Can Inspire Their Teams (Infographic)
Being an inspirational leader takes empathy, centeredness and clarity.
2 min read
One of the most effective traits of a leader is their ability to inspire and motivate a team. As a leader, you have to lead by example and the tone you set will resonate with the rest of your employees.
So what’s the best way to inspire your team? For starters, show your team that you care just as much about them individually as you do about the business. That means asking questions about their personal lives and getting to know them outside of the office. Lead with both your heart and head, thinking equally about your employees and the business, and balancing empathy with management. Not only that, but you should continuously find ways to support the professional development of your employees, listen and learn to what they have to say and value the input of each and every member.
Having trouble effectively inspiring and leading your team? Don’t worry, according to science, leadership is something that can be learned. In fact, only 24 percent of leadership skills are genetic, and the remaining 76 percent are learned. Overall, the top trait of inspirational leaders is centeredness, meaning the ability to stay calm under stress, empathize, listen carefully and remain present. After centeredness comes clarity, balance and self-awareness.
To learn more about inspirational leadership, check out InitiativeOne’s infographic below.