Introducing Palapa.co – 10 Lessons From 10+ Years Running Online Communities (FS327)
Are you all ready to finally hear about the great online community platform we have been working on for the last few years?
We have been putting together something we are so excited about and you should be too!
Please welcome Palapa.co!
Palapa is our new online community based messaging service, designed to keep you engaged, up to date and building stronger links with the people that matter. This has been a long time coming and we have taken our time to make sure everything was ready before letting this little baby out into the world.
In this episode we break down how the platform works, the inspiration behind it, the special offer we are running for July sign ups and more! We also discuss particulars of online community platforms beyond our own one and think about how to get the most out of these interactions.
We get into the relationships and differences between forums, community and social media. We talk about the kind of offers that can get and keep people engaged, rules and conduct regulation and recognizing contributions from members.
For all of this, make sure to join us on the extra special episode of the Fizzle show!
Listen to the episode:
Subscribe to The Fizzle Show in your favorite podcast player:
Key Points From This Episode:
- Previous platforms for Fizzle and the reign of Facebook Groups. [0:03:45.5]
- The factors in this domain that eventually resulted in Palapa. [0:06:55.8]
- Instant messaging platforms and the problem of losing track. [0:12:06.1]
- The non-negotiables around paying attention to your community. [0:14:04.5]
- Dealing with the inescapable ridiculous emails and negative feedback. [0:20:07.3]
- How community can address some of the drawbacks of email feedback. [0:24:01.7]
- The low down on Palapa and it actually works! [0:26:11.8]
- Palapa’s personalized main feed and reorganizing how it is laid out. [0:34:17.5]
- Trending posts, individual profiles and more fun features! [0:36:05.3]
- Care, feeding and exclusive content for an online community. [0:39:45.1]
- Empowering all the members of an online community to share their expertise. [0:45:04.2]
- The benefits of including yourself as a member of your community too! [0:48:45.6]
- Badges, post frequency and popularity and recognizing members’ contributions. [0:53:03.2]
- Setting the tone, codes of conduct and the unwritten rules of your community. [0:56:21.9]
- Encouraging engagement and helping members get the most out of things. [0:59:41.5]
- Go-to tricks and tips for jumpstarting conversation. [1:03:37.0]
- Break-the-seal questions and getting people involved and invested. [1:08:39.0]
- And much more!